- Truthful and honest transactions and dealings both within and outside our organization
- Avoiding conflicts of interest
- Timely and appropriately handling actual or apparent conflicts of interests in our relationships
- Treating our members and partners fairly
- Recognizing the dignity for all and treating everyone with respect
- Ensuring we provide an environment of fairness, respect, safety, and support
- Being a good corporate citizen and complying with both the spirit and letter of the law
- Responsible actions within our communities, both personal and globally
- Being responsible, transparent, and accountable for all our actions, both individually and organizationally
- Improving the accountability, transparency, ethical conduct, and effectiveness of our organization and the place we hold in the world
- Respectful, clear, and professional communication between individual Directors, full Board and committee members, members-at-large, and all outside PTN
Preservation Trades Network is committed to clearly articulating policies to address potential conflicts of interests for its Directors and members. We recognize that everyone has their own broad interests and participate in many community, charitable and business activities, professions, and passions. The broader an individual’s experience, the more valuable the Director or member can be to PTN. From time to time, however, one may be involved in an action or activity that may cross a business or personal interest with the work or mission of PTN. In such situations, PTN understands that the potential for a conflict of interest needs to be recognized and disclosed, and appropriate steps should be taken to prevent the influence or favoritism of any Director or member in any organizational decision or action.
To that end, all conflicts of interest influence will be fully disclosed and documented, and records will be retained by PTN that will be made available for review. It is important to note that these policies will most often be applied to marketing, contractual engagements, and publicized partnerships. However, these policies will apply equally to all investment, business, and related matters.
The PTN’s Board of Directors has set forth the following protocols for in-person events, with the goal of prioritizing participants’ health and safety. Attendants to these events acknowledge the risk of attending and will take appropriate personal responsibility to ensure the health and safety of themselves and others. As of the writing of this statement, our event policy and protocols are listed below.
- All who attend in-person events agree to abide by relevant and required regulations in place during the event, including but not limited to local, state, and federal laws governed by agencies like local Historic Districts, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency, and others.
- All who attend in-person events are recommended to be fully vaccinated and boosted for communicable diseases.
- Masks are optional for attendees. Individuals are welcome to wear masks at their own discretion.
- PTN will follow the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, which references the United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as we continue to monitor any changes to current recommendations for in person events. International travelers may need to review policies in place at all countries they may pass through, as mandates can vary widely and override any US to local procedures. Domestic attendees are encouraged to review their travel plans in advance as well.
- By registering for the in-person events, all participants waive their right to hold PTN, its members, the Board of Directors, and the event hosts liable for any illness, sickness, and related damages as a result of attending.
- All event participants will respect each others’ decisions about personal health and safety. Expressing one’s personal beliefs in a way that is aggressive or threatening to any attendee will result in that individual being removed from the event and barred from returning, with no refund.
- Event participants are asked to monitor their health and symptoms. Participants exhibiting symptoms consistent with Covid-19 or other communicable diseases are asked to self determine a need for testing or self-isolating. Valid concerns brought before the PTN Board of visible symptoms presenting in any participant may be asked to seek testing and/or self-isolation during the event.
- Participants that have known exposure or a positive Covid-19 test within 5 days of the event must self determine their attendance using the CDC calculator.
- Participants who have a positive Covid-19 test within 5 days of the event can receive a full refund minus related fees and taxes. Contact email@example.com to arrange.
- PTN reserves the right to refuse entry or a continued participation to anyone that fails or refuses to follow our policies.
- These policies and protocols will not be negotiable. We rely on the honor of each attendee to follow the protocols in place, and we ask that every individual recognizes the purpose and goals behind them. To that end, we must preserve the legacy of PTN- our people.
The Preservation Trades Network hosts in-person events to demonstrate the skills of our members to each other and the general public. As it is part of our mission to share and promote the preservation trades, we take visual and audio media of our members to create outreach and educational materials. By registering for any of our events, you acknowledge and consent to be recorded or photographed and authorize the PTN to use your likeness, personal characteristics, and any other proprietary and publicity rights for any such purposes without the requirement of further notice, royalty, payment, or other compensation to or consent from you. This includes photographs, video, recordings, screenshots, written text or verbal comments/questions on the virtual platform, social media or emails. By registering for or attending these events, you also acknowledge that these media files are the property of the PTN.
We reserve the right to use any media taken at PTN events without the expressed written permission of and compensation to those included. This media may be used in publications including but not limited to: brochures, newsletters, websites, social media, emails, etc. The PTN can use, edit, copy, publish, and/or exhibit this media which may include your voice, name, and/or likeness, in any and all forms of media. The PTN intends to use these media files in accurate, respectful, and educational manners while maintaining the boundaries and privacy rights of our members. Anyone who would like to opt out of this release and/or have specific requests about this release should to email firstname.lastname@example.org.